Pacific Northwest Therapeutic Recreation Association Annual Conference
Friday, January 29, 2016
Good Samaritan Hospital, Portland, Oregon
Greetings! The Board of Directors for the Pacific Northwest Therapeutic Recreation Association invites submissions to present at our upcoming annual conference Friday, January 29, 2016 at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center in Portland, Oregon. This conference provides annual continuing education and networking opportunities for CTRSs in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
In addition to our full day of presentations, we are seeking an interactive ½ day pre-conference session.
Conference Theme: “Bridging the Gap – Taking Recreation Therapy from the Clinic to Community”
Presentation Topic Suggestions: Integrating community into healthcare settings, Best Practices for Inclusion, Rehabilitation Community Integration, Integrating Community & Healthcare teams, Innovative therapies, Community & Mental Health, Rx Leisure & Recreation Benefits, Benefits of Community Education
Presentation Submission Deadline: October 16th, 2015, presentations via web will be considered.
* Presenter contact information including address, phone, and email.
* Presenter resume or vitae, two pages max
* Presentation description up to 150 words, including how the content is related to recreation therapy
* Three measurable learning objectives
* How the presentation fits the theme of the conference.
* Presentation outline including length of presentation.
* Audio/visual needs list
* Submit any requests for accommodations, travel, presentation support, or speaking stipends.
Proposal Submission: For questions and proposal submissions, please send required proposal documents to Rachel Gorman, PNWATRA President at pnwatra at gmail .com